Q: I am a property owner. How do I get involved in the shoreline restoration project?

A: We encourage you to discuss your plans for possible collaboration with Baysave. Restoration sites are primarily selected by local educational and research institutions. To nominate a waterfront site for restoration email us at tnovak@baysave.org. Once a project site is identified the applicable federal state and local permitting regulations must be considered.

Q: How do I volunteer to get involved in the shoreline restoration project?

A: Email Tony Novak at tnovak@baysave.org.

Q: Can I eat the plants and animals from restoration sites?

A: We are only involved in the restoration process planning and have no information on edibility of species. Harvesting is controlled by state law. We are aware that some people eat plants, fish and shellfish from local waters but that there may be hazards in doing so. Before harvesting any water-dwelling plant or animal, check with the NJDEP Web site for specific warnings in your local area. Also keep in mind that removal of plants and shellfish can impede the progress of restoration.

Q: How can I make a donation?

A: A tax-deductible charitable donation can be made at Paypal here:


Q: Can I invest for profit?

A: Yes, a community investment program is available.

Q: Can I invest through my IRA or 401(k)?

A: Yes, as long as your plan custodian permits self-directed investment accounts.

Q: How can I get more information?

A: Send us a message here”